Sunday, October 19, 2008

safe in the 'dam

I've made it safely to Amsterdam.

First impressions can be summed up with, 'wow.' What a bizarre city. Amsterdam is best known for the presence of decriminalized drugs and legalized prostitution. True, this was more than evident in the quick hour long stroll I had throughout the city before checking into a hostel. But, lesser known, perhaps, is the beauty of the city. Touted as being one of Europe's 'most beautiful cities,' you can see the draw many people have to Amsterdam. The city centre is filled with winding, 17th century cobblestone streets and a maze of canals - thus Amsterdam is also known as the, 'Venice of the North.'

The ferry ride was less than ideal. I spent most of my time curled up in my tiny, two berth, cabin fighting off seasickness. I never got sick, but I sure got close.

Regardless, I'm here. Its an exciting feeling to again begin traveling. mk

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you arrived without getting sick. It must have been choppy seas as I don't remember you ever being bothered by motion sickness. (except in the Florida Keys when you were very young) Be safe!

sleney said...

you can try these out Ysl replica handbags anchor replica gucci bags Visit Your URL luxury replica bags