Wednesday, October 24, 2007

updates

Hello from Portmagee, Ireland. Portmagee is just off the Ring of Kerry in County Kerry. Today is Wednesday. I've been lucky enough to travel since last Saturday with my folks. It has been great to spend time with them (and, the B&Bs have been much more comfortable than the hostels!). I quickly influenced their travel plans. By this, I mean we haven't really had our days planned out until we get into our rental car in the morning.

I've been our designated driver for the left side of the road. I'm not sure if I've posted about this until now, but for the last three weeks I worked with face2face, I was the driver for my team. I'm amazed at how quickly I've become acclimated to driving on the right side of the car on the left side of the road.

I met my parents north of Dublin in Howth Saturday morning. It had been (according to my Dad's count) about 51 days since we last said goodbye in the parking lot of Jordan Creek Mall. I'm sure we'd gone this long without seeing each other before, but it was great to get off DART (Dublin Area Rapid Transit) in Howth and see their smiling faces.

I'll fill you in later on more from our travels. This morning, we're going on a ninety minute boat ride to the Skellig Islands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matthew, I was wondering when you were going to post again. It sounds like you are living the good life in the B&Bs, enjoy!