Wednesday, December 5, 2007

so, i'm going to norway.

I just finished booking my ticket out of Ireland.

Brian and I will leave Dublin on the 26th of December at 12:35 and arrive in Oslo, Norway, at 3:45. We'll be somewhere in Norway for the night of the 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, and we'll leave Oslo for Glasgow on the afternoon of the 30th. We'll most likely head from there to Edinburgh for New Years.

How did I pick Norway? Fair question. It was the cheapest way to get out of Ireland and then into the UK. Skyscanner.com is a brilliant website (thanks Emma!) that has some very user-friendly search features. Our total airfare cost less than €60 each.

What will we do in Norway? Yet another fair question that I don't know the answer to. The days will be short - tonight, the sun set in Oslo at 3:13 (and, Oslo is in the southern part of the country!). We'll do some research and figure out a tentative itinerary. Hopefully, couchsurfing.com will provide us with some cheap (read, free) accommodation.

Yet another leg in my journey that I'm unbelievably excited for.

Thanks again to all of you that continue to follow me on my journey through this blog. I know you're out there - some 1,900 plus people have dropped by my blog. It's this fact that in part keeps me writing. This, and I'll love to look back and follow my own travels months from now. Remember the comment feature that blogger.com provides. Your comments can allow my blog to be a venue for mutual conversation. Check out this post - comments - for any questions you have on how to post comments.

thanks again, and all the best,

mdk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matt, I have definitely been reading. Very enjoyable! Keep it up!