Friday, September 28, 2007

alive

Hi everyone. I wanted to quick post - really quick - and let you know that I am, in fact alive. I'm just finishing my first week with face2face. This is the first time since my last post that I've been able to sit down at a computer with internet access. I'm on my short break in a shopping mall. My feelings on the face2face job are somewhat mixed, but as for now it is providing income and a place to sleep - all very crucial things!

In training, we were told in not so many words that working for face2face wasn't a job, but a lifestyle. How true this is. I wake up at 8, am on the road to the town that we are working by 8:30, and on the streets fundraising by 10. We are only scheduled to work until 6:00, but the earliest we've finished this week is 7:30. The work is difficult, long, and many times frustrating. To be true, it is rewarding as well.

I'm in Limerick right now and heading back to the streets to raise support for Barnardos. So, until I'm at a computer again, take care.

cheers, mk

1 comment:

Cat said...

I'm somehow not surprised you and Brian are friendraising! I started my job this morning after skipping orientation in favor of walking around with new friends, but I've since settled in Sevilla. When you guys get a chance, you should definetely come down here. The city is as beautiful as the 24 degree weather. And, if you're willing, I'd like to come visit you, too. I'll even buy a couple rounds! Get me on facebook, my blog, email...anywhere. my mobil is 034 646 580 516.